- Fingerprint image size. The NCheck software performance and usage convenience strongly depends on the used fingerprint scanner, as the fingerprint image size has direct influence on the software performance and reliability. Using larger fingerprint images results in higher identification reliability but lower response time and vice versa. Usually, the optimal fingerprint image size for NCheck software is about 300 x 400 pixels. See the comparison table of the supported scanners for more details on image sizes of specific scanners.
- Recommendations for facial recognition. 640 x 480 pixel or better native camera resolution is recommended. Users may enroll several face images, especially with differences in appearance (i.e. with and without glasses, with beard or mustache etc.).
- Employee enrollment and identification. The enrollment process for an employee requires to put one's finger on a fingerprint scanner, or to show up in front of a camera and to enter employee name, meaning tht the enrollment process is fats and simple. Later the employee has to just put his/her finger on the fingeprint reader or to show up in front of the camera for checking in or out. The NCheck software assures fast response during employee identification.
- Several fingers for each. ΤοThe system allows to enroll more than one finger for each user to avoid user rejections if in an incorrect finger was placed. Later, during everyday check-in/check-out, employees can conveniently put any of their fingers on the fingerprint reader and be accurately recognized.
- Identification reliability. The NCheck Bio Attendance software is based in VeriFinger fingerprint identification technology that is NIST MINEX compliant and has received awards for its high reliability in competitions since 2000. The VeriFinger technology has been successfuly used in more than 1,500 end-user products over the past 15 years. See VeriFinger testing results for more information on identifiction reliability.
We recommend to install NCheck Bio Attendance software on a separate PC, laptop or Android device that do not run any non-related applications. Such configuration is required for stable and optimal system performance. To install and run NCheck Bio Attendance software your system should meet the folloeing requirements:
PC or laptop:
- An x86 32- ή 64bit processor with at least 1.6GHz clock rate.
- At least 256 MB of free RAM should be available for the NCheck software and its database.
- At least 2 GB of free space on hard disk.
- Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 /8, 32-bit or 64-bit.
Tablet, smartphone or embedded device specific :
- An ARM-based 1.5 GHz processor recommended for convenient performance. Slower processors may be also used, but the fingerprint or face processing will take longer time..
- The device should have at least 512MB of RAM.
- At least 2GB of free storage space on a build-in flash or external memory card.
- Android 4.0 or newer.
One of the following devices for capturing fingerprints or faces:
- A fingerprint reader that is supported by NCheck software. 300 x 400 pixel fingerprint image size is recommended.
- A webcam, smartphone or tablet biot-in camera, or other camera with at least 640 x 480pixel native resolution. The smartphone and tablet users should note that we recommend to use front camera in most cases, whereas the rear camera is more suitable, when an operator scans and checks attendeed.
Supported Face Capture Cameras
Several cameras can be installed and connected to the same PC allowing to process several users in parallel thus eliminating peak hour queues. A camera can be asiigned to be used only for checking in, checking out or both events.
These cameras are supported by NCheck Bio Attendance:
- Any webcam or camera that is accessible using DirectShow. The camera should have at least 640 x 480 pixel native resolution.
- Any built-in spartphone or tablet camera that is supported by Android OS. The camera should have at least 0.3 MegaPixel (640 x 480 pixels) resolution.
- Any IP camera, that supports RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol):
- Only RTP over UDP is supported
- H.264/,PEG-4 AVC or Motion JPEG should be used for encoding the video stream.
- These models of still cameras are supported on Microsoft Windows:
- Canon EOS family still cameras.
- Nikon DSLR still cameras (a specific camera model should support video capture and should be listed there).
- These specific models of high-resolution IP cameras are supported in Microsoft Windows:
- Axis M1114 camera
- Basler scA1000-30gm IP camera (requires Baster Pylon SDK).
- Basler BIP-1600-25c-DN IP camera.
- Cisco 4500 IP camera.
- IrisGuardIG-AD100-face & iris camera.
- PiXORD N606 camera.
- Prosilica GigE Vision camera.
- Sony SNC-CS50 camera.
- VistaFA2/ VistaFA2E/ VistaEY2 face &iris cameras
- VistaMT Multimodal Biometric Device.